Sunday, August 12, 2007

Combat shoot is finally over. The whole process is so long and with all the reshoots, we only reached camp around 2.30am Sat morning. Because of this combat shoot, I had to book in early on National Day, and book out on Sat morning. I don't understand why they must keep us in camp for that few hours. We aren't gonna get any proper sleep anyway.

Just let us go home after the whole thing la. So silly, let us book out at 7am when they could release us at 3.30am. But of course that is my personal opinion. Maybe there are those who would rather wait for the first bus. I am counting down the days to my ORD, and I really really can't wait. It seems so far!

Yesterday while shopping alone at CitiLink, I bumped into Fabien and Nicole. He has become very funky with long hair and muscular arms, and Nicole is simply, wow. Heh they were on their way to attend some UK talk as both of them will be going there to study in Sept.

Everyone is living interesting lives, lives that they can choose to live freely. I feel like a prisoner. I am losing my motivation. At first I told myself this is for the defence of the country. But as time goes by, it doesnt seem to be so. It seems like my 2 years in the 21 time best combat unit is just to win, to be no. 1 and to aim to get 22 times BCU. Obsessed is the word.

Oh well, another week in camp beckons.Just 30 plus more weeks to freedom. 30 plus more bookouts.

On another note, yesterday I went to Pitstop with some of the Charis Youth, or rather, TACS. My goodness I feel so old la. Hearing them complaining that the 8 bucks fee is too expensive is quite amusing. I was once like that, surviving on 20 dollars a week. Had a chat with Pastor Gideon at a coffeeshop nearby while the rest were playing.

Well, firstly I do not have any problems, so this is my personal plea to everyone to stop assuming that I am facing some crisis in my life or that I am living on my own. I am at home on Sundays and it's just that I go out and play very late on saturday nights. So whoever that I confided in stuff, please don't go around telling the whole world. You know who you people are.

Conclusion: I am very much alive and well and OKAY. Just that my time is super duper short and maybe I dont sleep at home on some bookouts but that's just because Im out watching a midnight show or soccer at my friend's place or whatever. If I weren't in the army, I would be home every single day and night.

Anyway, it's a sat bookout again this week. So much for end of trainee life and senior company soldiers. Bluff.